Wesfarmers Industrial & Safety NZ Limited trading as Workwear Group NZ uses its best endeavours to protect the privacy of our customers and will hold all personally identifiable information about you, like your name, e-mail and mailing address and telephone number ("Personal Information") in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 2020. This Privacy Statement describes the practices that apply to our website, including, specifically, the information we collect about you, when and how we collect that information and what may happen to that information.
How we handle your Personal Information
When you use our website, we will:
- not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission. Personal Information is collected only when you knowingly and voluntarily submit it to us (as, for example, when you contact us via e-mail, complete online registration forms or provide us with feedback). Much of our website can be accessed without the need to provide us with your Personal Information, although certain services are only available if you provide your Personal Information to us;
- not sell or disclose your Personal Information to third parties unless you have authorised us to do so; and
- take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect from you.
How your information is used
We will hold your Personal Information in New Zealand or any other country where we have appropriate resources to do so. We will not hold your Personal Information for any longer than we are lawfully entitled to. We may use your Personal Information and share it with our employees, associated companies, our agents and contractors, for use for the following purposes:
- to provide our service to you;
- to verify and validate users' and order information;
- to improve the content and operation of our website;
- to keep you informed about our website and our other services;
- to undertake debt collection and credit control functions;
- to conduct surveys and market research
- for analysis of activity. This information will be processed and retained in aggregate form only; and
- for any other purpose specified when we collected the information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following:
- other companies in the Wesfarmers Group;
- our advisers (including our accountants, auditors and lawyers);
- our service providers, including IT service providers, web-hosting organisations, delivery companies, online advertising service providers, external call centres and e-marketing providers, mail houses, recruitment firms, third party fulfilment centres, market researchers, billing and debt recovery providers and other companies who are responsible for parts of our product or service delivery;
- suppliers and manufacturers;
- payment system operators and financial institutions;
- government agencies; and
- third parties if required by law or legal process.
How your information is protected
As well as training our staff appropriately in the handling of Personal Information, we use specialised physical and technological handling practices to protect your Personal Information from accidental or unauthorised loss, access, misuse or modification. We use the same methods to protect our own confidential information. Where possible, we limit the access to your Personal Information to those people and organisations to whom disclosure is reasonably required.
To assist us in ensuring that your Personal Information is secure, we ask that you keep confidential your user name and any passwords required to access our services. Please let us know immediately if you think any unauthorised person has access to these details.
We may have arrangements in place with other companies and third parties (such as Google using its Google Analytics tool) which provide us with data to help us analyse and understand how our website users interact with our website content. We may also collect information about you from data collected by other companies and third parties (such as Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube) and analyse the data together with information we already hold about you to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. Such companies and third parties may place cookies on your web browser to help us deliver interest-based content and advertisements to you. As a result, when you visit our website as well as a third party website (such as Facebook), you may see our advertisements, targeted at your preferences and interests, on such third party website.
Generally, we use the following types of cookies:
- website functionality cookies - these cookies allow you to navigate our website and use our features, such as accessing your shopping cart, orders and invoices, and saved items.
- website analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use our website, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on our website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver marketing and advertising materials that are relevant to you.
The information we typically collect using cookies when you visit our website include the following:
- your computer's IP address;
- browser type;
- any webpage you were visiting which diverted you to our website;
- the pages within our website you visit; and
- the time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
If you log into your account on our website, we may collect additional information such as your account name, account number, branch location, delivery context, shopping cart ID, number of items in the cart, value of items, and support number in order to provide you with personalised access to our website functionalities and for us to provide you with our products and services.
You can choose to decline cookies by making changes to your browser settings, but if you do so, your user experience may be affected and you may not be able to take advantage of the full functionalities of our website.
Our website provides or may provide links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you are leaving our website and entering another site that we do not control and for which we cannot be responsible. You should carefully review the privacy statements or policies on any other website that you visit because those privacy statements or policies will apply to your visit to that website and may be very different from our Privacy Statement.
Acceptance of this Privacy Statement
While we will use our best endeavours to ensure the safety of your Personal Information, the electronic transmission of your Personal Information is not risk-free. Through your use of our website you are deemed to have accepted the terms of this Privacy Statement and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, waived any rights, claims or the like that you may have against us for any act, matter or thing in connection with this Privacy Statement.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
We may make amendments to this Privacy Statement from time to time without notifying you. Changes to this Statement are effective immediately following the posting of the amended Statement on this website. You agree to be bound by the Privacy Statement that is in effect at the time that you access this website.
Your ability to access and change information
You may ask to see any information we hold, or anyone holds on our behalf, about you, that is readily retrievable. You may ask us to correct any information that is incorrect or to have this information removed from our records by contacting us at the address below.
If you have any questions regarding this Statement or if you wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your Personal Information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you can make a complaint to the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Workwear Group NZ
15-16 Omega St, Albany
Auckland 0745, New Zealand
Phone: +64 9 414 7010
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO BOX 10094, Wellington 6143
Phone: 0800 803 909
Updated: 1 December 2020